To be the most progressive and best managed Local Authority Finance Department in Zimbabwe and world over.
To mobilize and secure financial resources and ensure efficient, economic and effective utilisation of resources for economic development and sustenance in a manner that promotes transparency and accountability to stake holders.
- Team Work
- Customer Care
The Department of Finance is one of the five departments that form the City of Kwekwe. It is headed by the Director of Finance. The department is divided into two subsection which are Revenue and Systems section and Expenditure section.
The Revenue and Systems section is headed by the Assistant Director of Finance Revenue and Systems. This section is responsible for the billing, collection and systems upgrading of Council financial resources.
The Expenditure section is headed by the Assistant Director of Finance Expenditure. This section is responsible for the spending and budget variance analysis of Council financial resources.
OVERALL FUNCTION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To improve Council financial viability and management of funds
- To promote and implement e-governance through automation of financial processes.
- To provide services to residence at an affordable cost in a more responsible, effective and efficient manner.
- To promote sound corporate governance.
- To mobilize and ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- To promote local economic development.
KEY RESULT AREA
- Financial reporting and budgetary control
- Financial management and resource mobilization
- Expenditure monitoring and management of financial resources in accordance with sound financial management principles
- Asset management
- Implementing procurement regulation in an economic, efficient, fair, transparent and accountable manner
- Implementation of e-governance in Council
- Information management.
The department is the one mandated with the handling of all Council financial resources. It manages all Council income and expenditure as per the budget provision.
The department is housed at the Civic Centre ground floor with 3 sub offices, one in Amaveni and two in Mbizo for the convenience of ratepayers.
PAY YOUR BILL
You can pay your council tax by:
- Visiting any of our four (4) offices which are at Civic Centre, Mbizo East Sub Office, Mbizo West Sub Office and Amaveni Sub Office at Housing Administration offices.
- Making a payment by deposit into our bank account or through a bank transfer.
- ECOCASH Our Biller Code Number is 36647
- CBZ SMART MONEY If you wish to pay your Council Tax bill using SMART MONEY simple instructions are available on the attached guide(GET THE PAYMENT INSTRUCTION FROM CBZ AND HAVE A LINK TO IT).
- FBC MOBLE MOOLA If you wish to pay your Council Tax bill using SMART MONEY simple instructions are available on the attached guide(GET THE PAYMENT INSTRUCTION FROM FBC AND HAVE A LINK TO IT).
- BARCLAYS BANK (SAME WITH BARCLAYS)
OUR BANKING DETAILS
KWEKWE CITY COUNCIL
BANK: FIRST BANKING CORPORATION ACCOUNT
SWIFT CODE: FBCPZWHA
BRANCH CODE: 8513
VENDOR NO: 701978
FAX NUMBER: (055) 24301
The Director of Finance
Kwekwe City Council
P O Box 147
E-mail Address: email@example.com