TO PROVIDE SHELTER, REGULATE AND FACILITATE THE DELIVERY OF COMMUNITY SERVICES.
To facilitate the provision of adequate and affordable Housing, Recreational facilities, Education and Skills Development programs to the community.
The Department of Housing and Community services is one of the five departments that form the City of Kwekwe and is headed by the Director of Housing and Community Services.
It exists to provide the following services:
- To provide and manage affordable housing for the residents of Kwekwe.
- To provide and manage Educational institutions for the residents of Kwekwe.
- To promote local economic development.
- To mobilise and ensure efficiency use of resources.
- To pomote sound local governance.
- To provide overall strategy for the provision of Housing and Social services.
The department is the one mandated to allocate houses and stands in the high density suburbs. It manages the housing waiting list and it is also the custodian of all houses/home industry in the high density areas. It is the one that advises house owners on the Title Deeds, Estate registration and Will registration processes.
- We facilitates the formation of Sports Academics.
- We annually hosts the Kwekwe Sports, Arts and Culture festival.
- We have 2 Stadia and 4 Halls.
- We have swimming facilities.